Fair Queen & Court
Congratulations to our 2017 Troy Fair Queen and Court!
L to R: Kelsi Carter Troy Fair Queen 1st Alternate, Lauryn Watkins 2017 Troy Fair Queen, Megan Borek Troy Fair Queen 2nd Alternate
2017 Troy Fair Queen
Want to be the next Troy Fair Queen? Applications are due by June 19, 2017 and there will be a meeting of anyone wanting to be a candidate at the Troy Fair office on June 19, 2017. If you have questions, please contact Kristen Page, Fair Queen Coordinator, or you can email her with questions and your applications at email@example.com or 570-786-7737.You may also mail her your applications at 749 Porter Road, Troy PA 16947. Please check out our Facebook Page @ Troy Fair Queen Program!
Troy Fair will be holding its opening ribbon cutting ceremony on Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 7:00 PM location Pavillion in the lower meadow, Immediately following the opening ceremony, we will be hosting the annual Troy Fair Queen Pageant. The contestants will be introduced by the Master of Ceremonies, Shane Wilbur and escorted by her parents or custodian(s). She will be judged prior to introduction by a panel of 3 judges on a prepared essay, a personal interview and knowledge of the Troy Fair and how agriculture plays an important role in our community. Her poise, appearance and professionalism are essential to the crowning of the 2017 Queen.
Once crowned, she will be a representative of the Troy Fair as well as those chosen 1st and 2nd alternates. We are encouraging all contestants to stay throughout the week, being ambassadors of the fair. Their duties will be abundant. Welcoming fair goers, making daily announcements, participating in daily activities, escorting dignitaries through the fair, and helping in the fair office, will be just some of the responsibilities expected of the queen and her court.
Throughout the year, she will promote the fair by attending functions at area schools, speak at special interest meetings, parades, do local radio announcements and various events in the county. She will represent the Troy Fair at the annual State Fair convention in January, 2017 at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center in Hershey, PA. This is a three day convention and is the financial responsibility of the Troy Fair for the queen and her parents/chaperone.
The qualifications for Troy Fair Queen are as follows:
- Female, Pennsylvania resident and U.S. Citizen.
- Live in or attend a school in Bradford County.
- Be at least 16 years old before June 1st, 2017 and not over 20 years old by June 1st, 2017.
- If under 18 years old, she must have parent’s or guardian’s consent.
- Be single, never married, have had no children and must not marry nor get pregnant during her reign.
- Must be of good moral character (at discretion of the Troy Fair Board).
- Have some agriculture knowledge and a strong interest in promoting the Troy Fair.
- Prepare a 300 word or less essay, entitled, “What the Troy Fair means to my community”
- Not be a former Troy Fair Queen nor State Fair Queen contestant.
- Not be a current title/pageant winner for any other commodity.
- Must meet all time commitments, Queen obligations, and dress code established by the Troy Fair Board and the PA State Fair Queen program.
All girls interested in being a contestant for the 2018 Troy Fair Queen Pageant, must attend an informal meeting at the Troy Fair office at Alparon Park, Junction of Route 6 & 14, Troy, PA , June 18, 2018 at 6:30 PM. If you cannot make this meeting, please contact Kristen Page! Should you need further information, contact Kristen Page 570-786-7737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org