Fair Queen & Court
Congratulations to our 2020 Troy Fair Queen and Court!
(2020 Fair Queen, Raegan Braund and 1st Alternate Dawcin Jones)
2021 Troy Fair Queen
Want to be the next Troy Fair Queen? Applications and signed last page of the fair queen handbook are due by June 14, 2021 at the candidate meeting to be held at the Troy Fair office at 6:30 p.m. (business casual dress is required). If you have questions, please contact Samatha Estep, Fair Queen Coordinator, at 607-742-5494, or you can email her with questions and your applications at email@example.com. You may also mail her your applications at 2571 Farmers Valley Road, Troy PA, 16947. Please check out our Facebook Page @ Troy Fair Queen Program!
Click HERE to view the Troy Fair Queen Application
Updated: 6/15/2021: The Fair Queen Application deadline has been extended! Interested candidates have until July 1st to get applications in. Please email Troyfairqueen@gmail.com
For more on the responsibilities of the Troy Fair Queen and her alternates, click HERE to read the queen handbook. You will need to fill out and sign the last page of the handbook to complete your application.
Troy Fair will be holding its opening ribbon cutting ceremony on Sunday, July 25, 2021 at 7:00 PM located under the pavillion in the lower meadow. Immediately following the opening ceremony, we will be hosting the annual Troy Fair Queen Pageant. The contestants will be introduced by the Master of Ceremonies, Shane Wilbur and escorted by their parents or guardian(s). They will be judged prior to introduction by a panel of 3 judges on a prepared essay, a personal interview, and knowledge of the Troy Fair and how agriculture plays an important role in our community. Their poise, appearance, and professionalism are essential to the crowning of the 2021 Queen.
Once crowned, the queen will be a representative of the Troy Fair as well as those chosen as 1st and 2nd alternates. We are encouraging all contestants to stay throughout the week, to be ambassadors of the fair. Their duties will be abundant. Welcoming fair goers, making daily announcements, participating in daily activities, escorting dignitaries through the fair, and helping in the fair office, will be just some of the responsibilities expected of the queen and her court.
Throughout the year, the queen and her court will promote the fair by attending functions at area schools, speak at special interest meetings, parades, do local radio announcements, and various events in the county. The queen will represent the Troy Fair at the annual State Fair convention in January, 2022 at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center in Hershey, PA. This is a three day convention and is the financial responsibility of the Troy Fair for the queen and her parents/chaperone only.
The qualifications for Troy Fair Queen are as follows:
- Female, Pennsylvania resident and U.S. Citizen.
- Live in or attend a school in Bradford County.
- Be at least 16 years old before June 1st, 2021 and not over 20 years old by June 1st, 2021.
- If under 18 years old, she must have parent’s or guardian’s consent.
- Be single, never married, have had no children and must not marry nor get pregnant during her reign.
- Must be of good moral character (at discretion of the Troy Fair Board).
- Have some agriculture knowledge and a strong interest in promoting the Troy Fair.
- Prepare a 300 word or less essay, entitled, “What the Troy Fair means to my community”
- Not be a former Troy Fair Queen nor State Fair Queen contestant.
- Not be a current title/pageant winner for any other commodity.
- Must meet all time commitments, Queen obligations, and dress code established by the Troy Fair Board and the PA State Fair Queen program.
All girls interested in being a contestant for the 2021 Troy Fair Queen Pageant, must attend a meeting at the Troy Fair office at Alparon Park, Junction of Route 6 & 14, Troy, PA on June 14th at 6:30pm (business casual dress is required as press photos will be taken). If you cannot make this meeting, please contact Samantha Estep! Should you need further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org